students who are unable to graduate within the period time of study, may extend their study for one regular semester, but not more than twice in total.
Study plan as specified in the curriculum of each program as follows:
- Master's Degree Program, normal study duration study duration is 2 years or equivalent, a maximum of 5 years.
- Doctoral Degree Program
- For bachelor's degree graduate enrolling a doctoral degree program, normal study duration in 5 years or equivalent, a maximum of 8 years.
- For Master's degree graduate enrolling a doctoral degree program, normal study duration in 3 years or equivalent, a maximum of 6 years.
|Students who are unable to graduate within the period time of study, may extend their study for one regular semester, but not more than twice in total.
- Extension of study is possible for necessary technical or personal reasons when the Thesis/Independent Study has made sufficient progress. The entire period of study including extension must not exceed the prescribed standards.
- The extension of study request by the student must be made not less than 30 days before the last day of the regular semester completing the study period, to be reviewed by the Thesis/Independent Study advisor for a master’s degree student or the main thesis advisor for a doctoral degree student, through the Program Committee of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Committee of Graduate Study in the department for consideration and then offered to the Graduate School for approval.
Extention the period of study
Extension of study can be requested once per regular semester but not more than twice in total. In a case where a student cannot graduate and wants to extend the period of study, the conditions to be followed are:
- If the student has already passed the thesis/independent study defense but is still in the process of correcting thesis/independent study following the suggestions of the defense committees, or waiting for notification of journal publication, he/she should enclose the report of the thesis/Independent Study defense result (CMR 54) and the recommendation letter/ details of presentation papers or letter of acceptance for publication.
- If the student has already presented or has accepted publication of his/her academic papers and is following the conditions of the program and regulations but is still waiting for thesis/independent study defense, he/she must report the thesis defense schedule, enclose the order of appointment of the thesis/independent study committee and letter of recommendation for presentation of academic paper (full paper) or letter of recommendation for acceptance for publication.
- The Master’s degree student (Plan B), who hasn’t presented or published academic papers (but has passed independent study defense), but is in the process of correcting the Independent Study following the suggestions of the defense committee, must enclose the report of the thesis/independent study defense result (CMR 54).
In this case, the student will be allowed to extend his/her studies only one more time.
Procedure above must be approved by the thesis/independent study advisor of the Master’s degree student or main thesis advisory of the Doctoral degree student, the Program Committee of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and a t the discretion of the Committee on Graduate Study Section, and then offered to the Graduate School for university approval. See how to precess for Extension of Study >> TH l EN
Dowload form - Study extension request
[update: 2019-03-13 10:49:27][View : 252]