Student support and Services
Academic support and Services
- Biomedical Technology Research Center (BMT) : collaboration efforts between the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) and the faculty to conducts both basic and applied research.
- Center of Excellence for Molecular Imaging (CEMI) conducts research from the combination of Molecular and Cells for diagnosis and treantment.
- Franco-Thai Medical Science Research Unit : collaboration between Chiang Mai University (CMU) and Institut de Recherche p our le Développement (IRD) for research in HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B (HBV), hepatitis C (HCV), human papillomavirus (HPV), and tuberculosis, along with hospitals and other institutions in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar.
- Hematology and Health Technology Research Center conducts research and services for exellence in Hematology and Health Technology
- The Center of Medical Image and PACS offers teaching and training in Medical Networking, PACS, Introduction to digital image processing, and Roentgen anatomy
- Gerontology and Elderly Health Research Unit conducts research for measurement, screening, promoting, maintaining and restoration in the elderly’s health and quality of life suitable for problems and needs in a sustainable way
- Center of Biomolecular Therapy and Diagnostic (CBTD) has been established to conduct research, develop and apply immunological methods along with biomolecular technology to produce basic test kit for clinical diagnosis by focusing on the commercial development of manufacturing sector in order to raise Thailand's production to reach international standard.
- AMS Library offers both Thai and International prints, workshops and one-on-one consultations for graduate students from all disciplines. Delivered by graduate student peer instructors, subject specialist librarians, and campus collaborators.
- Workshops at Academic Unit offers a regular series of workshops in medical profession under the prefession regulator of each Professions Council and Professions Committee
- AMS Clinical Service Center provides the best quality and service of Laboratory, Imaging Diagnostics, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Training Center with customer-centric and continuous development
- Language Institute provides professional language, occupational, communication and cultural interaction support to CMU students for both local and international educators and partner institutions.
- Information Technology Services Center (ITSC) provides the Information Technology infrastructure system for networking and communication with modern technology.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- A foreign student shall assume a responsibility for expenses related to private health insurance. However, the value of insurance coverage is on a voluntary basis and the private health insurance shall bear the coverage period or extension to cover a foreign student throughout the time of having the student status of Chiang Mai University
- Prior to an admission to the university, all faculties/offices shall notify a foreign student attending for the study, exchange, collaborative research, or participation in any activities in all curriculums to have private health insurance arranged from his/her home countries before an arrival to Thailand. If a foreign student does not have private health insurance arranged prior to an arrival to Thailand, the faculties/officers shall notify a foreign student to have such private health insurance and gather the name lists for private health insurance prepared by the university, whereby a foreign student bears a responsibility for expenses to arrange such private health insurance
- In the event that a foreign student receives a scholarship and private health insurance is already arranged by the funding sources, it shall be deemed as having private health insurance arranged under this notification. If the policy does not cover any medical care or other expenses, a foreign student shall be responsible for extra expenditures beyond the coverage policy.
- The faculties/officers are required to have a foreign student arrange his/her private health insurance whereas the Student Development Division, Office of the University, is responsible for providing the information of appropriate insurance companies.
- If a foreign student receives health services at Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital, he/she shall follow the notifications of Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital.
- If a foreign student does not have a private Health insurance arranged under this notification, a foreign student shall be entirely responsible for medical expenses arising from illness, injuries or death from disease or accident and other expenses which affect health, life and property by oneself
Finding Friends and Making connections
- Graduate Student Union advocates for promotes the academic, social, intellectual, cultural and recreational interests of its members. They offer many social and recreational opportunities.
- Graduate Student Orientation : The official welcome ceremony for all our new student to CMU and also give an information session to help students feel as comfortable as possible with their first few days of school.
- CMU Trekking is a tradition of Chiang Mai University when all students, lecturers, staffs gathered to walk up Wat Phra That Doi Suthep. The purpose of this activity is not only to welcome CMU freshmen, but also to foster relationships between seniors and newcomers
- Welcome Party (Khantoke Dinner) is based around the traditional Thai dinner, for the Khantoke dinner guests sit on the floor and are served a range of northern Thai food to share with the table. The food includes a rich chicken curry and a Burmese style pork curry, fried chicken, stickty rice, vegetables with a spicy chille dip and the northern delicacy of deep fried pork skin.
Fitness and Recreation
Getting around CMU and Chiang Mai
- CMU Transit provides a free shuttle Battery-powered cars, Buses and Vans service for staff and students to travel within the Main campus, Suan Dok Medical Campus and Mae Hea campus operates seven days a week, 7.00 AM – 8:30 PM., 30 minutes frequency.
- RTC Smart City Bus covers a vast area of Chiang Mai city and it charges a flat fare of only 20 Baht per ride. It is the cheapest public transportation in Chiang Mai.
Safety and Security
- Tourist Police - 1155, 022815051
- Mobile Police - 191
- Fire Brigade - 199
- Ambulance - 022551133-6
- Tourist Service Centre - 1672
- Custom Office 053-277692
Office of Foreign 053-277901
Central Memorial 053-277090-3
Chang Puak 053-220022
Chiangmai Ram 053-224861
Maharaj (Suandok) 053-221122,053-222082
Mc Cormick 053-241311
- Clubs and Associations
Alliance Francaise 053-275277
Australian Consulate 053-225975-6
[update: 2019-03-12 08:58:41][View : 203]